SINE KABATAAN 4
- Open to all filmmakers of ages 18 to 30 years old.
- Applicants must have produced at least one short film. Link to one (1) previous film must be submitted via online link.
- The applicants must submit concept stories that depict the youth’s perception on the following issues:HEALTH
SECURITY AND PEACE BUILDING
- Teenage pregnancy
- Mental Health
- Adolescent disability
- Youth in conflict with laws
- Youth in conflicted areas
- Youth in peacebuilding
- Digital or online safety
- Out of school youth
- Lack of access
- Violence against children
- Effects of migration
- Proposed story concept must be in the form of narrative fiction. It can be live action or animated. Submission of the script is encouraged, if a draft is available. Experimental films and documentary films will not be accepted.
- Shortlisted story concepts will be selected from all the submissions where the applicants will pitch their projects to the Selection Committee.
- Final entries will be selected to produce Sine Kabataan short film. Selected entries may no longer be withdrawn.
- The filmmaker of the final entries must be willing to undergo story and technical development labs during the course of the competition.
- The completed film output must have its premiere during the Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino 4 under the Sine Kabataan category, to be held in September 2020.
- The completed film must not exceed the total running time of five (5) minutes, including the opening and closing credits.
- The rights of completed film output will belong to the filmmaker. However, the Film Development Council of the Philippines (FDCP) will retain non-exclusive non-commercial rights to screen the film in various events and platforms for educational and cultural purposes for free.
- Any screenings conducted done by the filmmaker for two (2) years after its screening in PPP shall not be done without the consent of FDCP.
- The use of original literary sources, music materials, artwork, photography, etc. must have proper clearance from their respective copyright owners before they can be used in the final output. The Festival organizers shall not be liable for any costs related to claims of performing rights organizations.
- By entering the Festival, the participants agree to abide by the Festival guidelines and rules.
- The organizers shall not be required to return any submitted material.
- In case of any violation of the guidelines and rules or if any participant is found to found to have committed plagiarism or has undertaken fraudulent practice and/or activities harmful to the Festival or the Festival submission process. the organizers reserve the right to disqualify the participant and their film, remove them from the program, or forfeit any prize from a participant at any point in the competition.
- FDCP reserves the right to create, revoke, and modify at any time, in any way its entry requirements, rules and regulations at its absolute discretion without prior notice. Finalists and submitted entries shall be bound by any amendments or addition to the entry requirements, rules and regulations herewith.
- The decision of the Board of Jurors is final and irrevocable. The organizers and the judging committee are not obliged to give explanation for the results.
- Film Lab 1 : Script Development & Film Production
- Film Lab 2 : Rough Cut: Film Editing & Post-Production
- Best Short Film - PHP 50,000.00
- Best Director - PHP 30,000.00
- Jury’s Choice Award - PHP 30,000.00
- Audience Choice Award - PHP 10,000.00
- DULY ACCOMPLISHED APPLICATION FORM with complete details (Complete name and contact details, Working Title, Synopsis, Directors Intention’s Note, Concept and Financial Plan).
Application form can be downloaded here or Sine Kabataan fb page (fb.com/sinekabataan) or Pista Ng Pelikulang Pilipino fb page (fb.com/fdcpppp/).
- Online link to one (1) previously produced short film. (Note: The online link must be set to private and the link and password must be uploaded via Vimeo).
- Brief resume, two recent 2x2 photos, and a copy of a government-issued ID of the filmmaker(s).
- Story concept (in PDF) and/or script if available.
- Link to the proponent’s previous short film/s.
SUBMISSIONApplications may be emailed to email@example.com
Deadline for submission is on March 20, 2020.
TIMELINE & IMPORTANT SCHEDULE
|February||Call for entries|
|March||Deadline of submission of story concepts|
|March||Announcement of finalists|
|April||Story Development Lab|
|August||Submission of Final Films|
|September||Screening (PPP 4)|